Some funny stories:
- While skype-ing my nephew, I was (like any normal aunt) trying to get him to say my name and how much he loved me, so I place myself front and center in the webcam - my head as big as the screen. In the middle of our conversation, skyler says "russell?". Wait - - who??? You are supposed to me loving me!?!?!? Yes. Russell was standing behind me, only his left hip in the frame, and my nephew decided he wanted to say his name instead of mine. And to add salt to the wound, as the conversation went on, he kept saying "russell?" at random, making sure he was still standing back there, while also not saying my name.
The final name count:
Russell's name: 50 zillion.
My name: 2.
- Also on the skype call - Mrs. Stone brought in some wild creatures (a chicken, a parrott, and a turtle) and held them up to the webcam to show them to sky. It was a BIG hit. My genius nephew said all their names and he kept poking the computer screen when he saw them and would say "BIRD!" or "TURTLE" and the whole screen would shake and get wonky...my sister kept having to grab his hand and say "no, don't poke the screen". haha :)
- The Stones have 4 dogs, 3 of them are about the size of russell's boot. One is medium sized - a huksy-looking dog that is about 1/2 norman's size named abby. She is not threatening at all. Every morning she would lay on the tile in the hallway, and we would just step over her again and again to go into the rest of the house. Well, as soon as norman came out of his room and saw the completely harmless dog laying down in the hall, he would back up and look around with this panicked look on his face that said "oh boy, oh boy. I will never get out of this hallway. there is no where to go. nope, I'll never get out. I guess I'll just stand here....ok....she didn't move. I'm going back to my room. I'm trapped. I can't go anywhere."
I would finally have abby get up and norman would nervously rush by and his nails clicked as he scooted by...what a weenie!
I just remembered I did take one picture on my phone on the way home of the Norman man sleeping happily in the back of the pick-up. I swear that's a smile on his face. :)

No comments:
Post a Comment