Saturday, March 3, 2012

kitchens and crafts

I woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning...largely because the sound of a dog puking woke me from a dead sleep.  (Any of you dog owners will attest to the fact that this may be the worst sound in the world.) I just couldn't seem to snap out of my bad mood.  Have you ever had one of those days? Things that just yesterday were only mildly annoying suddenly seem all wrong and make you want to move out of your own house - the kitchen is cluttered and not organized right, the fence is not built yet, and I just banged my knee on a transfer case in the pantry...ug!! Whatahusband tried his best to cheer me up, and eventually sent me to town to get some craft stuff I have been meaning to finish, while he stayed home and re-organized the kitchen.

On the way home, windows down in the pick-up, I looked out over the fields on this beautiful day sipping my cappuccino and  had one of those moments of humility, and God whispered to me through the music on the radio that I have so many blessings and so much to be thankful for.  I needed to get over my mood and go into my house with a smile, and kiss the man that spend his whole Saturday cleaning and re-arranging our kitchen. 



Now that the bad mood is over  - - it's time to craft! I learned this from my bestie Jessica, who I swear will one day be on the cover of Real Simple magazine, she is so crafty and cool! If I could vulkin mind-meld all her creativeness to my brain, I TOTALLY would.

This craft is called "How to transform a boring $5 shirt you would never wear into something cool you will want to wear all the time"





Cut out the neck of the shirt, and both arms and down the sides.


You will likely have to cut the new neck hole larger little by little until you can get both arms into the hole and around your back. (This shirt was a ladies XL.  The larger the shirt, the longer the "hang" in front.)







All done!

You just can't get cuter than this for 5 buckaroos, and I hope you try this and love it!

1 comment:

Jessica said...

LOVE IT! but i cant take credit for that sweet vest at all. saw it somewhere online...and you picked a great color!

Love your face