So....it's obvious that I LOVE to change my blog design. I think this is due partly to the fact that #1. Creativity is a part of my soul and making things look new and different is a thrill for me, and #2. I have a DIY streak that has no bounds and I don't know when to stop.
As whatahusband would say..."the Enemy of Good is Better".
Or as I put it..."Petting the cat too long only leads to being lethally scratched."
...or bitten if you have de-clawed cats, whichever comes first. Trust me - I know. Kitties don't like to be pet or held too long...or dressed up in baby clothes. Why would a young lindsay and her sisters want to play with a doll if there were doll-sized cats to dress up instead? Dolls are good. Cats are BETTER. :)
Recently I have been searching to find a new web designer to create the website for my art (which should be up and running in a month or two), and in the process I found www.designerblogs.com. They have tons of cute and affordable designs, and I installed this awesome pre-made blog template (a.k.a petting the cat and walking away) so I won't be tempted to change it constantly (just leave the cat alone.) And, just so I would feel like I did something - made a new matching favicon on http://www.favicon.cc.
Note: If you're not the DIY kind but still want to spice up your blog, favicon's are an easy way to make your blog a little more personal...unless you love the giant orange and black "B". You can even upload a picture (or a part of a design like I did) to the website above and it makes the favicon for you. The favicon's for some reason take a few hours to show up on the website bar, so don't be worried if you upload your new design and it doesn't show up right away.
Easy peesy nice and cheesy. :)
LONG LIVE DIY!! and KITTY DRESS UP!
I'm totally going to teach my kids how to dress up animals.
7 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment