Sunday, October 21, 2012

Craft Weekend

Worked on a few crafts this weekend, woohoo!  I love craft weekend.  I love it so much, that I am hoping to host a craft weekend like this one someday! I definately I'll ask my sister to do the cooking. If you went to my bridal shower, you'd know why.

First up, DIY Bath Salt Soak. Very easy, very rewarding.
  • Epsom Salts
  • Sea Salt
  • Herbal Botanicals, Optional
  • Essential Oils
  • Container



The recipe is 2:1 (Epsom Salts : Sea Salt). Then add the Botanicals...I chose Lavender and Ground Orange Rind from hobby lobby. 




Mix them all together, then add 20-30 drops of oil. 
Plumeria smelled incredible, so that's the oil I went with. 

Note: the Botanicals I used were very fragrant, so make sure you select an essential
oil that will compliment the other smells.




Next, a paper covered letter! No explanation needed :)





don't cha just love modge podge??






And finally, I wanted to make this metal book stand a little more colorful and add some texture. So, I wrapped it in fabric that matched my living room colors. I knew all those fabric scraps would come in handy someday. :)





2 comments:

Jessica said...

Remember that time that I introduced you to the wonderful world of mod podge!?? Best day every!

Manda Dillon said...

I'll do the cooking!! Let's do this!!!