What is your chief desire??
Whatahusband and I have been asking each other this question alot lately because we are house hunting, and if you were to ask me what I want more than anything else I would say "dark carpet that hides stains and an oven built into the wall." Sheesh. What small, unimportant things. What do I want that really matters? I would love to be more patient, more fun to be around. Quicker to love and slower to anger. To smile more. More kindness. I want to live a life worthy of Christ, and to have a happy and healthy family. I want to be a wife worthy of praise; to me a mom someday.
We all want something. Would it surprise you to know that desire and insecurity are connected? It doesn't surprise me because insecurity is my issue...a familiar beast on my back. It's that thing that God keeps bringing back to my heart time and time again, and just when I think I am getting the hang of it? Bam, it hits me again. How I long to be rid of it forever, and thank you God! I have a mighty Healer on my side.
I share these videos not as a person who knows, but someone who knows where to go when I don't have the answers! To the Word.
I couldn't figure out how to get these videos to load onto my blog directly, but each link will take you to the Beth Moore segment from another blog. I just love Beth Moore. She seems to be a very real person, and really never get tired of her bible studies. I hope you enjoy this as much as I did!
Part 1: http://magnifyhimministries.blogspot.com/2009/08/check-out-this-beth-moore-teaching.html
Part 2: http://magnifyhimministries.blogspot.com/2009/08/beth-moore-overcoming-insecurity-part-2.html
Part 3: http://magnifyhimministries.blogspot.com/2009/09/beth-moore-overcoming-insecurity-part-3.html
A note on time: Although each video is listed as being 30 minutes long, the teaching part is only about 10-15 min per video. The stuff before and after her speaking can be skipped. :)
7 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment