Sunday, February 17, 2013

Love

Romans 8:37-39 "No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers, nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord."

"Love is not only something God does; love is something God is. God would have to stop being in order to stop loving. Again, our temptation is to humanize God, because we are limited to understanding love as a verb. With God, love is first a noun. It’s what and who He is."
- Breaking Free by Beth Moore


I have been recovering from nasal surgery.  I remember when they were wheeling me back to the surgical room...I had just left Whatahusband and honestly - I was a little scared.  Ok, alot scared. I was calm up until the point when I had to leave him, and I was pushed away all alone.  I couldn't see where I was going or who was pushing me, only hear their voices and watch the ceiling move above me.  I was prepared for the procedure, but not prepared for how alone I would feel. My prayers were increasing, my mind was racing - trying to conjure up the perfect verse that would make me feel better.  I was asking God to give me peace, calm my fears. They parked me in the room, transferred me onto the sterile steel table, and a man's face appeared over mine.  He was greying, and had a sweet smile and a calm voice. I remembered he was the anesthesiologist from the prep room.  He said "Hi. It's me again. I will be right here beside you and I won't leave you.  I'll be here the whole time, until the end.  My only job is to take care of you."  I closed my eyes. Those words seemed so familiar to me...I will never leave you...

I've thought about this moment many times over the last few days, and on Valentines Day, I thanked God for loving me so well. There is no place our Father cannot find us, and no barrier too large to block His love from finding us.




No comments: