Monday, December 2, 2013

Turkey day

So many things to be thankful for this year! Norman and the kitties survived, mainly because of our awesome doggy sitter, and although the dog house looked like a frat party had been thrown in there, they were all alive and happy when we arrived back home.

We had an awesome time in San Antonio with whatahusbands family.  This was only my second family thanksgiving as an official member, but I am feeling like part of the clan these days. Example: I pinched a few butts and blamed it on my sistil. :)  (these were not random butts, these were family butts.)

Random photo op in the parking lot of H-E-B in front of Whatahusbands favorite beer. I just realized "Never say die" is the slogan. That is serious.





One of the very special things we did while we were there was to visit the family Ranch, Stoney Hollow.  The fam is always telling stories about times at the Ranch growing up, and it was really cool to see it in person. It's getting a much needed facelift (see giant construction vehicle we are sitting on), but in a few months it will be back in shape for a whole new generation of kiddo's to make memories. 

Look at these sweet babies!! My nieces. We are the three blondes swimming in a sea of brown. The distance is so far when we're apart, but the times are so sweet when we are together. 

 


My sistil! Love her.

 


Back at the house, my little helpers and I made their uncle's bday "cheesy cake".
They are phenomenal stirrers...and tasters.




And this is the sweetest ever. See that white powder on Whatahusbands face, hair, and shoulders? These girls have been talking about pranking him for probably a year now.  Scheming. Coming up with ideas. Getting up the courage to finally prank him...and they did it! Powdered sugar on the head when he was sleeping. They're on their way to being in the family prakin' business.




My gosh, I made it that whole trip without a big family picture!! I always do that. Dang. Next time!

No comments: