Thursday, March 3, 2011

my new (baby pool) garden

I am what you might call a "late bloomer", and my green thumb was no exception. For the first 26 years of my life I had a black thumb - killing the plants you absolutely cannot kill...aloe, grocery store vines, cactus's, you get the idea. For whatever reason, when I turned 27, the stars aligned and ka-boom! green thumb. With the exception of the cactus I planted upside down (which I love, thanks mrs. stone!, and -  I re-planted that cactus and still lives today!) I have not killed one thing. So, this year I am going to try and grow things I can eat!!

Here is my homemade strawberry and spinach patch:


stuff I had around the yard to use


the plants!! Strawberries and Spinach


first coat of butter yellow paint :)


critter protection cage - complete with yellow ribbon and old bricks



"yep, I'm gonna to try and eat this even though I don't know what it is"


"oh brother, do I have to go in there? I have been a little naughty lately..."



Finished! Yipee!!

2 comments:

Manda Dillon said...

adorable! i love the yellow color!

Jessica said...

i was looking at this in Google reader and thought it was an awesome idea. i was going to tell you about it.....then i realized it was your blog. Good job! i love it.