I am cooking for the love muscle tonight, so I thought I'd make him something special!
Confession: I will use any excuse to bake something sweet. On a completely ho-hum, everyday, washing clothes, normal day I have been known to say "Today is a special day! I'm going to bake a cake!"
So, I decide....drum roll please...to make pies. But not any pies, BABY pies!!!! I heard of a gal who used to give away little pies in baby food jars, so I though, "how hard can that be?". PLUS, the small portion should help me keep things nice n' trim south of the border :)
Here we go...
Step one. Buy baby food. I have never purchased baby food IN MY LIFE and it's nasty folks. I was not prepared for this step. I bought oatmeal n' apples because it was 2 for $1, and I thought I'd give it a little try...bad idea. Someone else must have tried it before me and puked in the jar because I really thought that's what I was going to do. Should have called it upchuck n' apples.
Step two, select some kick-a music to set the mood.
Step three, gather 'gredients.
Step four, cut out a pie top.
Step five, smile at my lil' helper.
Six, tear off dough pieces and line the jars.
Seven, fancy up the apples, and load it in the jars. Top with dough circle.
At this point, I'm 100% positive that these jars are going to blow up in my oven. So, hopefully I will be posting about how wonderful they turned out.
I just realized...these jars are so tiny, I don't think a regular spoon will fit into them!! oops. oh well. Maybe they will be pie piles instead :)
7 years ago
2 comments:
love the shot of Norman. what a cutie.
Post a Comment