Tuesday, July 24, 2012

oh the times they are a changin

One of the things that made the day we got engaged so incredible was what we talked about. Being on the A&M campus brought up so many memories for whatahusband and his college days, and likewise it caused me to remember my college days and what my life was like back in Kansas.  We talked for hours, reminiscing about days gone by, and we both remembered times we hadn't thought about in years...the day bonfire fell...the day my Grammy died. What an incredible way to spend the day with the one you love. Everything about our conversation that day was and is so very precious to me because, I must confess, I had always found it a little bittersweet that God didn't have us meet sooner.  Don't get me wrong, I know that He had a perfect plan that I am SO SO grateful for and I would never want any of it to change.  I also know that there are years of stories, inside jokes, family events, and life that I will only ever know in pictures and stories. For a woman who cherishes memories and sentiment, I hoard those stories and save every picture - burning the memory into my mind.  It seemed, at times, that we missed so much of eachother's lives that we'd never catch up. 

And that brings me to these gems.  We found them when we recently decided to organize our closet and combine all our photos into one big tub.  There were ALOT of years to see...so many photos of each of us by ourselves...in college, at our sisters weddings, at work functions, Christmas photos, birthdays - we were each always the party of 1.  As we sat there together and it was pretty neat to try and figure out what were were both doing at the same point in time, and amazing to see how God knew we would catch up to eachother one day.


This is whatahusband a little over 10 years ago standing in the trunk of the charger.  I would have been in my final year of college in 2002 at KState when this was taken.  In 2004 I moved from Kansas to Texas, about 10 miles from his house, and now I live here.




Me in my printmaking studio at UNT 5 years ago. This was taken about 3 months before whatahusbands accident.  I would have been teaching the Drawing 1 freshman course when he was in a coma.




Isn't it amazing how much can change in 10 years? (thank goodness my hair changed too.)



I thank Him, becuase "He has made everything beautiful in its time." (Ecclesiastes 3:11)


1 comment:

Manda Dillon said...

You stole my blog title, but since it was such a good post I'll overlook it... this time...
It's weird to imagine times before our wonderful hubbies. They are such a good fit that it seems like they've been here forever!