Sunday, October 14, 2012

Progress

I have been tirelessly trying to re-discover what it means to be an Artist, and I think I am finally making progress.  As my first series (after a long break) takes shape, I feel like I am also taking shape - figuring out what I am trying to say now that my life is different. Soooo much has happened since I stopped making art full-time, and I found it incredibly difficult to start again.  There were a few tearful phrases that worked their way out of my mouth..."I can't do this!" and "My hands forgot how to draw!!"  Just plain ol' defeat.

After all, when I started to become serious about art, I was living in a different city, single, and on my way to becoming a college art professor. Now, my destination is moving towards kids, stay-at-home moming on a (hopefully soon!) country farm, and making art as a part of my life instead of my job.

Who knew? I know that God knew, and hopefully He will continue to give me lots of inspiration, and as long as I'm asking... I'll take a little more progress, too. :)


2 comments:

Carly said...

You are an amazing artist! We would be happy to house some of your art while you are re-descovering your art. One day maybe we will get the "3 sisters" fixed so I can have some art from my sister on my wall! ;)

Iammrs.dill said...

i am so proud of you for having the courge to follow your passion. not many people can say that they have done that. you have a God given gift that is meant to be shared.