Ha, what idiots we were.
My DIY bestie and her hubby have stained concrete floors and I love love love them. When whatahusband saw them and loved them too, we knew we wanted to put them in this house. So we listened to their tips and set off to do it ourselves like they did. After all, they made it seem so easy!
(I'm sorry, did I already mention that we're idiots?)
We rolled up the carpet to see what we had....
Nailed it! That carpet came right up! Easy cheesy. The pad came up in a flash too, and the old man smell disappeared, PRAISE the LORD.
We're off to a great start!
Fist pump!
Now...what's under the carpet...
We're off to a great start!
Fist pump!
Now...what's under the carpet...
Hmmm...it's tile. Okay okay, not too bad. It's not the easiest thing to get off a slab. Maybe it's not on the entire floor....
Spoke to soon. It's all over the biggest room in the house. Ok. don't panic. It looked like the kitchen had linoleum because I peeled away some of the fake wood floors and it looked like it was a different color and texture than the living room tile....which would be alot easier to get off the floor than tile, I've heard.
Ah! wrong again! It's just THE SAME TILE with grey glue all over it!!!!!
Oh gosh this is terrible.
Maybe I'll just learn to live with it...it might not be too bad...
Maybe I'll just learn to live with it...it might not be too bad...
Who am I kidding. It's hideous. It has to go.
Well... nothing left to do but try to get some of it up. Maybe we'll get lucky and it will just chip right up. Hit it with the sledge hammer, holmes.
Well... nothing happened.
Ok, really let it have it this time. Sledge it!!
Well... nothing happened.
Ok, really let it have it this time. Sledge it!!
We. have. one. crack.
This is the hardest tile on earth.
It's 1/2 an inch think.
10 minutes of hammering, chiseling, and bleeding...he almost had one tile. ONE tile.
(ok moms, no serious blood. Just the typical Whatahusband project amount)
(ok moms, no serious blood. Just the typical Whatahusband project amount)
I think it's laced with steel. I'm serious. I could bomb this place and after the dust settled, the only thing left would be this tile. And I would bet money it wouldn't even crack. Stupid tile.
I'm not sure who said it first...What did we get ourselves into?!?!?!






1 comment:
Oh no!!!! Even muscle man couldn't get this up? I thought he could destroy anything:)
Post a Comment