Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Time lately

We have   s l o w l y   been getting ourselves back into our normal routine...with a few adjustments. Since we can't hook up the TV in the living room just yet - it only make sense to go ahead and put it in the only other room that has the TV connection...our room.  I must say - I am not a big fan of TV's in bedrooms. I just don't like it. But I have to admit, it's VERY relaxing to watch Law & Order and sip a Shiner Ruby Redbird* laying in your own bed.  :)

*hey texans, this beer is fantastic. how have you not tried it? It's seasonal, and only here for a limited time. So if you like grapefruit, you HAVE to try this beer!




After what seemed like an eternity of doing dishes outside, camp-style, we got the plumbing finished in the kitchen so we can wash dishes at the sink. Who know this would be such a luxury?!?!




And finally, the norms.  For those of you who don't know, he was chasing 3 large deer and ran into a barbed wire fence the first day we moved out here. HUGE gashes in his fur. 2 of them were  super-glued back together. (In case you think this sounds cruel, I superglue whatahusband back together all the time!) 1 of them...the gash near his tail...split open every time he moved or wagged his tail. So, this dog, who has more room to run around than he ever had before...had to spend the entire first week inside on his bed. All day every day. Poor guy! He would look outside and sigh, or go stand next to the door just begging to be let out. He was hating his life. Especially when I started putting large band-aids on his butt.




Thankfully, he is all healed up! The gash finally closed up (thank you Lord, I was getting worried!), and we haven't seen him on his bed since.  Just a curly brown tail bobbing in and out of the hay field...just where a country dog should be.





1 comment:

Unknown said...

It's looking so good! And I'm glad to hear that Normy is doing better :) Also, I'm drinking a Shiner Ruby Redbird as I'm reading this, it's so delicious! Great cousins think alike ;)