Thursday, November 21, 2013

A house for Normy!

I love love love living in the country. Best decision we've ever made. However, it makes pet care a bit tricky.  So, with the holidays coming up, and our ever growing number of pets, we gave ourselves a deadline: all pet related work must be completed by thanksgiving.  With the excavation almost complete, we are nearly ready to put up the property fencing to keep Normy safe while he's at the Ranch alone. The kitties can get in and out of the fence very easily since it's cattle fencing, so unfortunately, he will not be safe from them.

Crafty DIY projects are in my wheelhouse, so I sat first chair on this project.  I scoured craigslist for days...and this beauty popped up.

"Used dog house. Great for a very large dog or dogs. Made of cedar and insulated with a heat lamp. It takes 4 men to move, so its disassembled for pickup. $50"




SOLD!!!


We unloaded the pieces onto the driveway, and started the re-do.




I picked up a $2 can of oops! paint from lowes, and along with a few other cans we had lying around, I put on a fresh coat in a new color scheme.




Then we assembled it!
The cats are (of course) very interested.



I added a barn wood awning, and a horseshoe to give it some swagger. :)


And in case you didn't already notice, this house is GINORMOUS.  It's big enough for a person to live in.  We had no idea how big it was until we assembled it.  In the photo below, I am standing next to the house.  Huge.



And here he is, the king, Norman Man, enjoying his new digs. Retirement is treating him pretty well, I'd say.




Next we added the plastic winter door to keep out the rain and cold breeze. Done!!



Total cost: $60 buckaroos!!!  What a steal!! And I just love it!!

1 comment:

mom said...

This looks so great! Well done!