Monday, April 21, 2014

The gals

Happy Easter!!!

New life is in my heart...and in my yard.



Farm fresh eggs, here we come!....in a few months, that is.  These lovely ladies won't be ready to lay for a few more months - they're only about 4 weeks old.



Can you see mungo checking out the coop? I can't even write a chicken post without those sweet kitties being in it.

Anywho, here are the deets on the birds: 

One bird is a Buff Orpington...the "buff" colored one. She will be a lovely light tan color, and i'm told these birds are incredibly friendly! 

The other bird is called a Barred Rock, another people-lover, and she'll have an awesome black & white pattern when her feathers come in. They're already starting to appear - can't wait to see her!!






I hope they will be best friends. Guess I should get busy naming them...



No comments: