Friday, November 16, 2012

50mm 1:18

I am   s l o w l y   getting the hang of my camera, and I have very high hopes of capturing my family...especially the 5 wiggly nephew/nieces...in some keep-worthy photos over the holidays.  I am trying out a new portrait lens, and so far it's been tough to adjust to. It has a very short depth of field, which is great if you want to get photos with beautiful blurry backgrounds.  But, since the focus depth is so shallow, it's tricky to get the intended subject to be crystal clear.  Practice makes perfect, or so they tell me.

Since we don't have kids, I don't have any living subjects to practice on. Well, no willing subjects I should say. Whatahusband would rather me take pictures of his car than him, and norman can only take so much before he wants to be left alone to nap in peace.



One day maybe I'll take the perfect picture of Norman's ridge - it's so beautiful.




















Ah! This is a new text addition to our house. I was told about this quote by a good friend of mine, and when I heard it, I gasped. I need reminders that God should be in our happiness as much as our sadness.  I just LOVE it.

"If God has made your cup sweet, drink it with Grace.
But if he has made it bitter, drink it in communion with Him."
Oswald Chambers


2 comments:

Kim said...

ooh, you're gonna love that lens. single focal length (non-zoom) lenses can be so nice and sharp. And you can practice still life to learn the depth of field differences. Or get a teddy bear/baby doll to get an idea of how much of the face will be in focus at which settings. hope you enjoy!

Unknown said...

These are beautiful!! I am also trying to get a little more familiar with my camera so I can relate :) These are so great though!