Life here at our house has been adventurous to say the least. We have been plugging along on our home projects and enjoying the freakishly cool Texas weather. We recently purchased a much needed riding mower...since we could only push mow, our surrounding weeds were embarrassingly tall. And filled with all sorts of critters, no doubt. Anyway, here's me on "Dorthy" as we call her. She can hold 2 beers and a water bottle. yes.
I felt like I looked alot cooler in this picture when it was taken...
I'm an old lady when I drive her. On the throttle there is diagram of the speeds with a picture of a tortoise at the bottom, and a bunny (hare) at the top. I'm still on the tortoise level. I roll along like an old woman driving through the mall. Whatahusband, on the other hand, drives at the bunny level, wheels smokin', grass flying, like he's trying to outrun a title wave.
We've also had our first snake experience. I guess most texans have a snake story. There's really nothing like having your husband run into our living room saying between breaths "Where's my gun? Where's my gun? Snake!". That's right ladies and gents, he shot a 19" copper head that was hanging out in a cow skull that was in our garden, that whatahusband was moving and figured out the snake was in there AFTER he put it back down. Oh my gosh, I can't believe he was just inches from a poisonous snake!! Thank the Lord the little demon decided not to bite him while he was carrying the skull.
In happier news, I made this very sophisticated and posh tea cup bird feeder and nailed it into a fence post...and the birds finally found it and are eating from it! I really made it for this cardinal couple - a male and female - who have been hanging around. They are so pretty, and they are definitely my birds. I need to name them.
And...big news...did you know that whataburger makes spicy ketchup??? It is SOOO good. We're just crazy about it. They had it in restaurants for a limited time, and we were so sad when they ran out. Then we found out that they were going to make it and sell it at HEB!!! So of course, this whataburger house needed to have a bottle...or maybe 2 or 3. Our roasted weenies have been oh so tasty lately. :) If you come visit us, we promise to let you try it.
7 years ago




3 comments:
I love reading your posts as it keeps me up on the news at your house. And yes, I would love to try the ketchup! And by the way, love your bird feeder....but once you get kitties it will turn into a feeding platter....Love ya, Mom
Consider a can of "wasp" spray in one of those cupholders - it has saved my "whatahusband" on many occasions! Your blog is a joy!
I have a cardinal too! But he's been slamming his body into my window for like 2 months straight. Poor dude.
Post a Comment